WHY PARTNER WITH PaYS?
Many of our prospective employer partners ask the question, "Why partner with PaYS when other Veterans' employment programs are available – what's the value added for my company?"
Your participation in PaYS allows you to work alongside Army Recruiters, Army National Guard Recruiters and local ROTC programs during community partner events that send the message of staying in school, setting goals, choosing appropriate friendships, leading a values focused life and staying off drugs. Additionally, granting an employment interview gives you the opportunity to mentor Soldiers and newly commissioned Officers as they transition to private employment.
The Army, as compared to our sister services, has a significantly larger recruiting mission for both active duty, Army Reserve and Army National Guard, on an annual basis. Therefore, the Army uses many recruiting incentives, including PaYS, in order to man the force.
"America's obesity is threatening national security, according to this study" Army Times / Oct 10, 2018 It's well known at this point that just under 30 percent of Americans ages 17 to 24 ― the prime age to join the Army ― aren't eligible to join. https://www.armytimes.com/news/your army/2018/10/10/americas-obesity-is-threatening-national-security-according-to-this-study/. A 2016 report from the U.S. Department of Defense's Joint Advertising Market Research and Studies (JAMRS) program found that 71 percent of youth between the ages of 17 and 24 would not meet the military's core eligibility requirements.
The PaYS Program guarantees an interview not necessarily a job – hopefully, in most cases a job will result. For those whom you do not hire, this is chance to mentor the individual on resume/interview skills and building better qualifications. Often, this will be the Soldier's/Veteran's first experience with interviewing in the private sector. Your help will set these individuals on the correct path for success.
What you get in return for participation:
• A controlled flow of quality employment candidates who have established a positive work ethic, have entry to mid-level leadership skills, are tested free and clear of drugs and have honorably served or are serving their country
• Absolute control over the type of jobs and quantity of guaranteed interviews you will grant by date and location
• Public recognition as a Veteran friendly employer
• Free media coverage while participating in community partner events – positive image for your company
• Helping the Army get the message out about staying in school – America needs a qualified workforce whether it's in the private or public sector
• The knowledge that you are helping young men and women who are quite willing to sacrifice their lives to protect America's freedom
• Referral to other Department of Defense Employment programs giving you access to a broad range of qualified veterans from all services